Remove chkupd.exe - how to permanently delete the file from your operating system.
Tips for getting it away from the hard disk
Removal guide for software 'chkupd.exe' on Windows (XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 and Windows 10) systems
chkupd.exe : How to permanently delete the file chkupd.exe from your computer.
First, please read this important warning: This article shows a general guide how to remove any file from your computer. It DOES NOT implies that chkupd.exe is harmful! Be aware of removing executable files from your computer without deeper knowledge of what you're doing. First of all, because of chkupd.exe is an executable, there is always a possibility that removing this file MAY damage the operating system or even your data.
Are you still ready to remove chkupd.exe? OK, let's go for it. Here is the guide:
- Create Restore point for Windows (not available in Windows XP). Restore point will help you to revert changes, if something'll go wrong.
- Press F3 key to open standard search window. Than type 'chkupd.exe' into search box. In couple of minutes, seconds if you're lucky, Windows will find all the copies.
- Try to locate program, to which the process chkupd.exe belongs. Than try to uninstall that program in a standard way.
For example, if chkupd.exe is found in folder C:\Program Files\Dummy game\**some subfolder**, it most probably belongs to "Dummy game" software package.
- If your problem persist and you are not able to remove file that way, go to the search results (step 2) and try to manually delete all the occurrences of chkupd.exe.
Note: If the process is running, you will not be able to delete the file. In such situation, you must stop the process via Task manager (right click on Windows task bar, select "Task manager". In Task Manager windows, click "Processes" pane. Than select chkupd.exe and press "Delete" key).
- Some malware can hide itself under different names (so-called 'clones'). To remove such self-hiding program, use specialized tool "EasyRemove" - see below
EasyRemove is lightweight and easy-to-use removal tool for chkupd.exe
Download EasyRemove and get your computer fixed within minutes.
More useful links which may help you to know: if chkupd.exe is virus or not , how to solve typical problems with chkupd.exe error (more specific is chkupd.exe application error) Solve problems with chkupd.exe not responding. Typical Windows message: chkupd.exe high cpu. Damaged file: chkupd.exe is corrupted.
Main article: chkupd.exe
Available version list table, select the version you have on your PC:
This web site and all information written here is for information purposes only, WITHOUT ANY VARANTY. YOU ARE USING THIS PAGES ON YOU OWN RISK. You should always verify the accuracy of information provided on this page. We pay a big attention to provide you with the correct information. However, many spyware and malware programs use filenames of usual, non-malware processes and DLLs. If we have included information about chkupd.exe that is inaccurate, we would appreciate your help by getting us know about your user review. Also, web links to software and DLL vendors are provided just for your conform, and we cannot guarantee its accuracy nor relevance with DLL or process listed on this page. We are not affiliated with this pages. We are not responsible for misprints on this site or changes occured since this page was published. The product, software and operating system names mentioned on this web site, can be copyrighted and registered trademarks of their owners.